ACTIVISM, CONFERENCES, AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS:
- The Writing Squad (2017–) I am on the Board of Directors of The Writing Squad; a National Portfolio Organisation which develops young writers through mentoring and workshops.
- Disability and Access to Distance Learning (University of London 2018) In March 2018 I gave a talk on my personal experiences with distance learning at a conference run by the University of London.
- How does Disability Effect Access to Creative Writing Education? (NAWE Conference 2017) In November 2017 I gave a talk at the National Association of Writers in Education (NAWE) conference, entitled How does Disability Effect Access to Creative Writing Education? I also published a version of this talk in NAWE’s Writing and Education journal.
- Rethink Mental Illness (2016—) I am a member of Rethink Mental Illness’ Service User Council. We meet quarterly to review national policy and ensure people with experience of mental illness are involved in every area of the charity.
- NHS (July 2016) In July 2016 I gave a talk to a NHS conference in Newcastle about moving between child and adult services when you have a personality disorder.